Updated: 19th December 2021
It's our pleasure to welcome you back to The Old Music Shop Restaurant at The Castle Hotel, Dublin. Your safety and that of our team is paramount during the global coronavirus novel Covid-19 pandemic.
- We kindly ask all customers to reserve their table, leaving their contact details for one person for contact tracing. Reservations can be made directly with the Castle Hotel Reception Desk team, by phone on 01-8746949 or via Open Table app.
- Proof of Immunity (Vaccination or Recovery) is now a requirement to dine indoors at a restaurant in Ireland, even if you are a residential guest of a hotel. A server will ask to see your Covid19 Pass and QR code or proof of vaccination card or immunity or tests and an ID. We appreciate your understanding.
- You can choose our Heated Outdoor Terrace for safe dining to the rear of our restaurant. No proof of immunity or vaccination is required to dine outdoors in Ireland.
- 2 Metre Spacing: We've increased seat spacing between guests to ensure appropriate social distancing. We've reduced the number of tables available and created pods and booths. With guests' understanding, we have additional seating in the Castle Vaults Bar and Restaurant downstairs. All government advice on table spacing is being adhered to (2 meters allows guests to stay 1 hour and 05 minutes in our restaurant). Learn More.
- No multiple table bookings and there will be a max of 6 adults sitting together at a table and no more than 15 if the group includes children.
- There is a one-way system in place. Our North Frederick Street Entrance is now closed and we invite guests to enter the restaurant from The Castle Hotel in Great Denmark Street and follow floor arrows while in the hotel and restaurant.
- Hand sanitation stations are in all areas.
- Masks are now required to be worn when moving around the restaurant and accessing the toilets. We politely ask customers to follow this government guideline.
- We have a constant sanitisation programme in operation which involves both cleaning and sterilising. We use a disinfecting fogging unit to further sanitise our spaces.
- Our menus are single use but we invite guests to read menus directly on your smart phone at www.oldmusicshop.ie
- All customers will be served at their table. There will be no counter in use.
- Contactless payment and card transactions are preferable. 100% of Tips are shared to our team equally.
- We've streamlined our menus to allow for the safe movement of our team within our kitchen.
- In line with Irish Government Regulations, alcoholic drinks may only be served with food.
- Our restaurant will be strictly closed by 8pm due to the restrictions announced on Friday 17th of December 2021. Hotel Residents of The Castle Hotel will be served in The Castle Vaults Bar and Restaurant.
- The Old Music Shop team will follow any further guidelines introduced by the the Irish Government that are not listed above, if and when they arise. We have achieved Failte Ireland Covid Safety Mark Status in both 2020 and 2021.
Thank you for your understanding,
Trevor, Owen and Sinéad
Old Music Shop Restaurant
At The Castle Hotel, Great Denmark Street, Dublin 1